This should really be called banana cake but I do like a spot of alliteration. Use old, soft bananas that no-one wants to eat.
Pre-heat your oven to 150C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
300g sugar, brown or caster
1 tablespoon mixed spice
1 tablespoon treacle
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 banana, mashed or blended
515g self-raising flour
- Once you have mashed or blended the banana, weigh it. Add water to it to make up 300ml before adding the oil and sugar.
- Mix well and add the treacle and mixed spice, followed by the baking powder.
- Fold in the flour and scrape the mixture into the tin.
- Bake for an hour to an hour & fifteen minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the tin.