This recipe belong to a very good friend’s grandmother. It’s delicious and is a great way of using up odds and ends in the cupboard. Old biscuits, half eaten Easter eggs, stray dried fruit.
225g crushed biscuits
115g butter, or dairy free margarine
2 tablespoons golden syrup
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
Dark chocolate to top.
- Melt butter and golden syrup in a bowl balanced over a saucepan of gently boiling water.
- Mix in the crushed biscuits, raisins and cocoa powder.
- Press into a tin with a detachable base, round or square, lined with baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a clean bowl, over the same pan of water.
- Pour the chocolate over the biscuit mix, spreading evenly and leave to cool.